If you are a treasure hunter, then a metal detector should not miss from your collection. These gadgets are specially designed to help you detect metals buried under the ground. They have technologies that enable them to create a magnetic field around metal objects, and then detect these objects based on the magnetic field and electric current flow. Ideally, today’s metal detectors are more advanced, with a good number of them featuring waterproof constructions for use in shallow water. If you are here to look for the best metal detectors to buy in reviews, we say, have a look at our in-depth compilation.
Table of Contents
- Check Out the Best Metal Detectors
- 1. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (BHJS Junior)
- 2. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (TK4 Tracker IV)
- 3. Garrett Orange Pro-Pointer Metal Detector (1140900)
- 4. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (Gold Digger)
- 5. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector with Pin Pointer (QSIGWP)
- 6. New Home Innovations Metal Detector Starter Kit
- 7. National Geographic Metal Detector (PRO Series)
- 8. INTEY Metal Detector
- 9. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (QSI)
- 10. BARSKA Winbest Metal Detector (Pro Edition)
- A Buyer’s Guide for Best Metal Detectors
- Which is the best brand of metal detector?
- How does a metal detector work?
- Can metal detectors be used in water?
- Can gold be detected by a metal detector?
Check Out the Best Metal Detectors
1. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (BHJS Junior)
Bounty Hunter has something your child will smile about. And it is the BHJS Junior Metal Detector. This unit is powerful enough to detect large objects up to 3 feet deep and coin-sized objects up to 5 inches deep. Besides, it weighs only 1.5 pounds, and it is extremely easy to use
- Target indicator meter: It measures signal strength.
- Discrimination control: It eliminates unwanted metals.
- 1-year warranty: It protects the detector against original defects.
- Ergonomic design: It ensures optimum control and use.
2. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (TK4 Tracker IV)
Detect large-sized metals up to two feet deep and coin-sized objects up to eight inches deep with the TK4 Tracker IV model from Bounty Hunter. It is a highly functional unit that detects the presence of all metals including steel, aluminum, iron, silver, brass, and gold.
- Rugged construction: It makes the metal detector perfect for detecting treasure in extreme ground conditions.
- Disc/notch control: It differentiates between unwanted metals and targets.
- Mode toggle: Allows you to quickly switch between All-Metal, Discrimination, and Tone modes.
3. Garrett Orange Pro-Pointer Metal Detector (1140900)
Turn a normal day at the beach into a fascinating underwater treasure hunt. Well, all you need to achieve this is the Garrett 1140900 Metal Detector. It works great and perfect for everyone including those who are just getting into the art of hunting for treasure buried in the ground.
- LED flashlight: It is perfect for low light uses.
- Waterproof construction: It allows you to use the metal detector in the water.
- Bright orange color: It improves visibility, especially when you are in the water.
- 3 sensitivity levels: They are for smaller items.
4. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (Gold Digger)
One great thing about this metal detector is that you can use it anywhere to hunt for all types of metals from iron relics to gold coins. Ideally, it uses two 9-volt batteries that enhance its performance and versatility.
- Headphones: They let you search for metals in crowded places.
- Trash elimination control: Ensures that you find only the treasure you want.
- 7-inch coil: It is weather resistant; therefore, perfect for any weather conditions.
- 5-year limited warranty: It protects against original defects and workmanship.
5. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector with Pin Pointer (QSIGWP)
Equipped with several features, the Bounty Hunter QSIGWP model is without a doubt one of the best metal detectors you will ever come across today. It easily identifies buried metal objects; thanks to its simple yet highly functional features.
- LCD Display: It is easy to view and readable at different distances.
- 3-tone audio feedback: It alerts you when an object has been detected.
- 1-touch depth control: It makes the metal detector easy to use.
- Pinpointer: It shows the exact location of the metal.
6. New Home Innovations Metal Detector Starter Kit
Every part of this gadget is designed with comfort and convenience in mind. And this means you will be able to use it for an extended period without feeling tired. It is easy to use; hence, perfect for people of different ages, sizes, and levels of experience.
- 1-year warranty: It protects against manufacturer’s defects and workmanship.
- Arm-supporting handle: It makes the metal detector easy to use.
- Waterproof coating: The search coil and the adjustable stem are waterproof for convenience.
- 1-touch auto-tune: Makes the metal detector easy to configure and use.
7. National Geographic Metal Detector (PRO Series)
Discover treasures in the snow, at the beach or the hikes with the National Geographic Metal Detector. Capable of locking in place, the PRO Series is suitable for hunters of all sizes. Furthermore, it measures 22-by-4-by-7 inches when collapsed and 45-by-11.5-by-7 inches when fully extended, so it can promote optimum convenience.
- Waterproof coil: Allows you to find treasure anywhere including in the water.
- 2-year manufacturer warranty: It ensures worry-free buying experience.
- 100-percent satisfaction guarantee: Allows for a free refund.
- Telescoping design: Enhances the portability of the detector.
8. INTEY Metal Detector
Are you looking for a device that can help you identify gold, relics, jewelry, caches, and coins? Look no more because the market now has the INTEY Metal Detector. It is the perfect package for shallow water hunting as well as beach hunting.
- Display screen: It indicates the depth of the detected metal.
- Three different voices: They are for different types of metals.
- Waterproof construction: The search coil and the adjustable stem are waterproof to let you use them in water.
- Low battery indicator: It notifies you when the power level of the battery is low.
9. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (QSI)
Find iron, silver, gold, and other metal relics fast and easy with the Bounty Hunter Metal Detector (QSI). It is a reliable unit that can detect large items up to 3 feet deep and coins up to 8 inches deep. Besides, this metal detector uses two 9-volt batteries for enhanced performance.
- Four-segment digital target identification system: It overlooks trash and other unwanted materials.
- 3-tone audio feedback: It makes sure you know when there is something really cool.
- 5-year limited warranty: Allows for a free replacement.
- LCD Display: It is easy to view.
10. BARSKA Winbest Metal Detector (Pro Edition)
This metal detector is a user-friendly unit that comes equipped with several modes of operation to make sure it is super easy to use. With it, you will be able to find treasures buried under the ground. The detector is also affordable for optimum satisfaction.
- 1-year limited warranty: It protects against original defects.
- 6.5-inch search coil: It is waterproof, meaning you will be able to search for treasures in shallow water.
- Adjustable stem: It can be adjusted from 15.5 – 25 inches for customized use.
- Disc Modes: It overlooks undesirable objects and only focuses on the target.
A Buyer’s Guide for Best Metal Detectors
Consider the following factors before you buy a metal detector:
- Purpose: What are you buying the metal detector for? Are you buying it for security reasons or to help you hunt treasures that are buried under the ground? Knowing what you intend to use the metal detector for is really helpful because you will be able to get the right product.
- Features: Different metal detectors have different features. And we say that you go for one with advanced features like waterproof construction and collapsible design. Such features not only enhance the performance of a detector but also promote convenience.
- Budget: Not all expensive metal detectors are high performing. Therefore, it is important to take your time and choose one that is within your budget. Be sure to look for such factors as portability, technologies, and even warranties before you decide to buy a detector. You should also note that metal detectors with advanced technologies are likely to be pricier than the ones with a few features and less advanced technologies.
Which is the best brand of metal detector?
It is evident that most manufacturers produce top quality materials, but one that certainly stands out is Garrett Electronics Inc. This manufacturing company was founded in 1964 and has its headquarters at Garland, Texas, United States. For years, Garrett Electronics Inc. has been producing highly functional metal detectors like the orange 1140900 detector. And this has made most customers prefer its products.
How does a metal detector work?
Metal detectors have batteries that activate the transmitter circuit that passes electricity to the transmitter coil, which, in turn, creates a magnetic field when electricity flows through it. When the detector is swept through a metal object, the magnetic field goes through the object and creates an electric current flow inside it (the object). Ideally, the electric current flow creates another magnetic field around the object. And this magnetic field then goes through the receiver coil, making electricity to flow around the coil and up to the receiver circuit. A loudspeaker “buzz” sound is then heard indicating that the detector has found something.
Can metal detectors be used in water?
Yes. A good number of metal detectors are constructed with waterproof materials that make them perfect for use in water, snow, and wet sand. However, you should be careful to make sure that the display panel does not come to contact with water, lest it gets damaged.
Can gold be detected by a metal detector?
Of course, yes. Gold is like any other metal; hence, it allows electric current to flow through it, thereby, creating a magnetic field, which enables the detector to spot it. Most metal detectors listed above can detect different kinds of metals and gold is not an exception.
Before you decide to buy a metal detector, we advise that you consider such factors as the warranty, price, and reason why you are buying it. In the above compilation, we make your work super easy by unveiling everything you have been looking for. This means all you have to do is to read the editorial carefully and then choose a metal detector that best suits your needs.