Bicycle owners understand how essential it is to have a torque wrench. The logic is quite simple. If one tightens the nuts and bolts of a bike too much, the bike may end up not functioning properly. On the other hand, loose nuts could wreak havoc. Torque wrenches were therefore invented for people to get the tightening just right. Below are the top 10 best torque wrenches in 2016 you can opt to get.
Table of Contents
- 10. Nordstrand Pro 1/2-Inch Torque Wrench
- 9. Capri Tools 31000 10-80 Foot Pound Torque Wrench
- 8. Nordstrand Pro Drive Click Square Torque Wrench
- 7. TEKTON 24325 3/8-Inch Drive click torque wrench
- 6. Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
- 5. VENZO Bicycle Bike Torque Wrench Allen Key Tool Socket Set Kit
- 4. TEKTON 24320 1/4-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
- 3. TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
- 2. TEKTON 24330 3/8-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
- 1. TEKTON 24335 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
10. Nordstrand Pro 1/2-Inch Torque Wrench
This wrench has been made to be 25 inches long which gives you just enough length. The torque range within which you can adjust varies from 33.9 to 338.9 NM which translates to 25 to 250 feet per pound. The long grip has been knurled which allows one to use the tool even when it is oily, dark or when one is reaching for a blind spot.
9. Capri Tools 31000 10-80 Foot Pound Torque Wrench
With an accuracy of 4 percent, this tool comes with a scale that has been made visible for one to read clearly. It has been made using chrome vanadium which gives it a sleek finish. Pulse-stop technology has been incorporated in to the torque wrench which allows the user to feel whenever the desired preset limit has been reached.
8. Nordstrand Pro Drive Click Square Torque Wrench
This Nordstrand torque wrench comes with a length of 10 inches which one will find handy. A reversible ratchet head has been included to ease its use. This tool works with a clockwise torque. You will have no problem using it in the dark or when it’s oily as its handle has been knurled.
7. TEKTON 24325 3/8-Inch Drive click torque wrench
This product has been rigidly constructed with not a single plastic part making it durable. Its scale has been made very easy to read. One of its major advantage is that it will notify one whenever the preset value is attained by emitting a clicking sound.
6. Pittsburgh Pro 239 Professional Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench
The Pittsburgh pro torque wrench offers one with precise measurements with an accuracy error not exceeding 4%. It features a cam and pawl instrument which is heavy duty enabling it to work reliably. The wrench has a reversible length of 19 inches and can withstand torque ranges of between 20 to 150 pounds.
5. VENZO Bicycle Bike Torque Wrench Allen Key Tool Socket Set Kit
The item’s adaptability is what makes it superior as it comes with a range of bits with its best bit being the 5mm Allen key which is long hence allowing one to get to bolts and nuts quite easily. The measurements’ accuracy do not exceed or go lower than 4% of the intended value.
4. TEKTON 24320 1/4-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
This 2/4 inch drive has been built to offer consistent performance and reliability. One feels quite confident when using as the device limits the room for errors by letting one know whenever the preset value has been reached by producing a click sound.
3. TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
TEKTON equipment are known to have superior performances and this item is not any different. The scale which has been made with two scales is easy to read and interpret even when one is using the equipment in areas with low light. It has been constructed with steel which makes it durable.
2. TEKTON 24330 3/8-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
A ratchet head has been added to this wrench making it possible to drive it either the clockwise or counterclockwise directions while providing measurement for torque in the clockwise. You will not have to guess when you reach the right torque as the wrench will let you know.
1. TEKTON 24335 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
The TEKTON 24335 enables one to drive the wrench to a ½ an inch with so much accuracy rated at 4%. This equipment has been constructed using only steel and has no plastic parts which makes the tool rigid and long lasting. A reversible ratchet head has also been included.
The best torque wrenches have just been lined up for you. Not only have they proven to be extremely reliable but have also exhibited good performances. Those who have used them and have had the chance to review them online haven’t shown any bit of disappointment. What remains is for you to select one that will seem to work the way you like.