It is not easy to wake up in the morning, especially when you are a heavy sleeper. Thus, it is important to choose a good alarm clock that can produce loud sounds at the right time. Also, the right alarm clock for heavy sleepers should be equipped with other advanced features such as snooze button, sleep timer, or sunset stimulation to help you move a bit quicker and more comfortable each morning. However, the list of alarm clock functions available makes it a challenging to narrow down the options. But do not worry because we are here to help. Keep reading our top 10 best alarm clocks for heavy sleepers in 2019 reviews and choose your favorite product.
Check out the Best Alarm Clocks for Heavy Sleepers in Reviews
1. HomeLabs Multiple Sounds Bedroom LED Clock
The HomeLabs bedroom LED clock features a white, warm LED light which would turn on automatically 30 minutes in advance and brighten gradually to wake you up. Also, it is available in 8 different color options to help you choose your preferences. The snooze button can be hit easily to pause the sounds and turn off the light. More importantly, it will give you extra five minutes to relax before getting off the bed. There are also seven alarm sounds to make you feel as peaceful as possible in the morning.
- Available in 6 different color options
- Use a LED light to wake you up gradually
- The snooze button is easy to hit and pause
- Sleep timer and sunset stimulation for dimming gently
- The colorful paint can chip off easily
2. Sonic Alert Extra-Loud SBB500SS Alarm Clock
This dual alarm clock by Sonic comes with the most advanced features to wake up even the heaviest sleepers. It has a powerful and loud sound with an adjustable tone and volume so that you can immediately get up in the morning. Also, the integrated pulsating lights and powerful bed shaker will make it easier for you. There is a variety of options available which can be adjusted easily with a touch of the button. This clock has a unique and elegant design so that you can place it anywhere in the bedroom without running the existing décor.
- Unique and distinctive design
- The tone and volume can be adjusted easily
- Extra loud sound and powerful shaker to wake you up
- Integrated pulsating light for better performance
- It is more expensive than other models
3. Philips HF3520 Wake-Up Colored Alarm Clock
The Philips HF3520 delivers a natural and pleasant way to start a morning. It features 20 settings of brightness and colored stimulation to help you wake up gradually after 20 or 40 minutes. Also, there are 5 different natural sounds that you can choose to enjoy when getting up. The UV-free light of this model is clinically proved to improve energy level and mood. Also, the light-responsive dimming function allows you to sleep restfully and naturally. Lastly, the LED display is large so that you can easily adjust the time and settings for meeting your needs.
- Modern and sleek design to fit existing décor
- Natural and pleasant bird song alarms
- Easy-to-read and large LED display
- There is no need for replacing the light bulb
- There is no line-in slot for music
4. Marathon CL030023BK Calendar Alarm Clock
This calendar alarm clock by Marathon comes with a compact and lightweight design, making it ideal for travel. Thanks to a rotating stand, it could be folded and stored easily in a compact case. The clock can deliver a loud sound in the morning to wake up any heavy sleepers. The time format is available in 12 or 24-hour, along with the temperature to help you set up easily. The snooze button is easy to hit to stop the alarm quickly. The package also includes an AAA battery to operate the unit.
- Include AAA battery for operation
- Flexible to choose between 12 and 24-hour calendar
- Foldable and durable construction for easy carry
- Snooze function and loud alarm
- You can mistakenly hit its alarm control and disable the unit
5. Philips HF3500 Wake-Up Alarm Clock
The Philips HF3500 is clinically researched and designed to give you the best way to wake up in the morning. With advanced features, you can get up with energy and a good mood to start a new day. It is integrated with a built-in light which can increase the brightness gradually in 30 minutes to wake you up gently and naturally. Also, you can easily adjust the level of brightness or set up the time simply thanks to an intuitive and simple display.
- Natural wakeup with gradual increasing light
- Light stimulates before the alarm
- Include the tap snooze control
- 10 settings with more than 200 lux
- There is no automatic weekend or day switch
6. Marathon CL030036BL Travel Alarm Clock
The Marathon CL030036BL travel alarm clock features a manual or automatic backlight display that can activate in low-light settings. It is able to automatically set and adjust the time thanks to radio frequencies, thus always ensuring accurate time. Also, you can set up in both 12 and 24-hour format, as well as choose from different time zones. When you turn off the light, its advanced sensor will detect and automatically dim the backlight to help you sleep well. Over, these self-setting and self-adjusting features make it easier for you to use the model.
- Self-setting and self-adjusting features
- You can switch easily between different time zones
- Compact and portable size for travel purposes
- Automatic backlight for automatically dimming
- It does not include batteries
7. iTOMA CKS507 Dual FM Alarm Clock
If you want to start a new day refreshed and relaxed, then the iTOMA alarm clock should be on your wish list. The brightness control can be adjusted manually or automatically to choose your favorite time of waking up. It has a large color LED display that shows every information and time. More importantly, there is a USB charging port so that you can charge your portable devices like phones or tablets during the night. The FM radio feature allows you to listen to the favorite music in the morning and keep updated with the latest news.
- USB port for charging your phones and devices
- Dual alarm function to use for two people
- Sleep timer to pre-set the schedule
- Listen to the favorite radio programs with FM radio
- The battery is only for keeping time rather than activating the unit
8. Clocky Raspberry Runaway Programmable Alarm Clock
Are you searching for a cute and fun alarm clock for your kids? Then look no further with the Clocky raspberry programmable model. Unlike traditional models, this unit can jump off and run around with beeping sounds to ensure that you will wake up immediately. Also, the snooze time can be customized easily to allow you a more relaxing time on the bed. It has an innovative and modern design which can easily fit well with the existing décor in the bedroom. Also, the sound is very pleasant to make you wake up naturally and gently.
- Fun and interesting design for kids
- Easy to customize the snooze time
- Loud alarms to wake up heavy sleepers
- Easy and quick to set it up
- It might take time to use the clock
9. Brandstand CubieTime 2-USB Ports Alarm Clock
The Brandstand CubieTime is a great combination of simplicity and convenience to give you an ultimate solution to wake up. It is very easy to set up within seconds. You can quickly adjust the display dimmer or brightness level to make it fit well with your preferences. Also, there are USB outlets so that you can charge your phones or tablets. It features a surge protection, pass-through plug, and auto update for daylight to ensure the precise time. The model has a simple and compact design which can be placed anywhere in your room without taking up too much space.
- Simple and compact design
- Include two USB ports for charging portable devices
- Include 2 AAA batteries to back up
- There are up to two power outlets
- The alarm is not so loud to wake up
10. Philips HF3510 Sunset and Sunrise Stimulation Alarm Clock
Featuring an UV-free and soft light with 300 Lux, the Philips HF3510 creates a pleasant glow in your room without a harsh tone. It will start 30 minutes before the alarming time and increase the intensity gradually. It also has the option to wake up with your favorite radio programs or nature sounds. Besides, there are many convenient features like the dimming light, and non-slip feet to enhance your relaxation at night and in the morning. It is a dual alarm, meaning that this clock can wake up two people separately at different times.
- Light therapy and sunrise lamp to improve the sleep
- Clinical tested to help you feel refreshed while waking up
- There are up to 20 brightness settings
- Dimming display for better performance
- The surface is prone to scratches
Important features to consider in an alarm clock for heavy sleepers
This feature will allow you to wake up with your favorite radio programs
A vibration model uses both noise and movement to wake you up. Some vibrating alarm clocks are designed to be placed under a pillow or in the bed.
If you have a couple, this feature is important. You can hit the snooze and wake up without setting again for your partner. Also, it can save you money from purchasing the new model.
Many models utilize sunlight simulation to wake you up naturally. They will emit gentle glows which can brighten the whole space just as sunlight to alert your body it is time to get up.
Having a good alarm clock can be important for heavy sleepers. It will not only help them wake up on time in the morning but also allow for a relaxing and refreshing mood to start a new day. After reading this guide, we believe that you can now understand which features are important and making the right decision.