Top Best Cross-Training Shoes for Women in 2020
Cross-training is an important activity that involves doing more than one workout. It improves health and mental well-being by making sure we stay fit always. Like men, women who participate in cross-training workouts are advised to have the right equipment. And some of these gears include a pair of cross-training shoes.
Well, these shoes are different from other shoes in that they are specially designed for cross-training. They are comfortable and durable enough to withstand the rigorous fitness needs. Ideally, cross-training shoes for women have a narrower heel, more secure footbed, roomier forefoot, and increased instep volume. Read through the following top 10 best cross-training shoes for women reviews to get the best pair without much fuss.
Check out the Best Cross-Training Shoes for Women
#15. New Balance WX608V4 Women’s Training Shoe
New Balance is after helping women achieve their goals in athletics. And to do this effectively, they have decided to produce top quality cross-training shoes. Well, these shoes are not just durable but also they are stylish enough to effortlessly blend with any modern sportswear.
- Shock-absorbing Abzorb technology: It absorbs shock, thereby, promoting comfort.
- Rubber sole: It is durable; thus, it ensures endless performance.
- Lace-up design: Helps ensure a customized fit.
- Numerous color options: They give you the opportunity to choose a color that matches your aesthetic.
- Supportive internal shank: Helps enhance performance.
#14. PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
The PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe is a top quality shoe that is a must-have for any athlete. It boasts a revolutionary design and technical innovation to make sure it brings out the best from you.
- Synthetic sole: It is durable and helps enhance the functionality of the shoe.
- Numerous color options: Allow you to get at least one pair that matches your aesthetic.
- Synthetic leather: It is also durable and comfortable.
- Stylish design: Enables the shoe to blend perfectly with most sportswear.
#13. ASICS Women’s TR Cross-Training Shoe (GEL-190)
ASICS has been around for quite some time. And this is because they produce unrivaled products that consumers find irresistible. Today, the manufacturing company is more than happy to introduce to you the GEL-190 TR model for women. It comes equipped with numerous features and boasts superior durability.
- Dual density midsole system: It enhances support and stability.
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: It absorbs shock whenever there is an impact phase, as well as ensuring a smooth transition to midstance.
- SpEVA midsole Material: It helps improve bounce back characteristics.
- Trusstic System: It reduces the weight of the sole unit.
#12. Ryka Women’s Hydro Sport Cross-Training Shoe
Ryka has been innovating women athletic footwear for 25 years. Well, one of these products is the Ryka Women’s Hydro Sport Cross-Training Shoe. It is specially designed to help women achieve their water fitness goals. Therefore, be sure to use it in the pool, beach or anywhere you like.
- Sticky rubber: It helps improve traction on wet surfaces.
- Quick drying upper: It ensures convenience and reliability.
- Flexible sole: Promotes comfort throughout the training session.
- Water drainage system: Makes sure that the water, which gets into the shoe, is properly drained.
#11. Ryka Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe
If comfort and performance are anything to go by, then the Ryka Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe would be there at the top. It is designed with women in mind, meaning you should expect a perfect fit. Moreover, it comes with everything you have been looking for to help you achieve your fitness goals effortlessly.
- Flex-Foil and direct fuse layers: They offer support in lateral movement.
- Arch support: It helps provide unrivaled comfort.
- Dual foam midsole cushioning: It is on important pressure points to help add comfort.
- Ergonomically designed sole: It allows for more natural movement throughout the training session.
#10. NIKE Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33
You need tough shoes to help you perform beyond imagining. Well, one of these tough shoes is the NIKE Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33. It boasts premium technology and cushioning classics to help up its performance. The NIKE Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33 is ideal for running and other fitness activities.
- Zoom Air Units: They not only enhance deflection impact but also cushion the foot.
- Cushion midsole: It offers a plush and cushioned ride.
- Rubber sole: It is durable and helps enhance optimum performance.
#9. PUMA Women’s Cross-Trainer Shoe (Fierce Core)
Show people how fierce you can be when it comes to training by wearing the PUMA Fierce Core model. It is an amazing shoe, which is inspired by dance movements and designed to stand up to the daily rigorous training needs. Ideally, the shoe’s material mix is heavy but its weight is light for unmatched performance.
- Gripping outsole: It helps ensure ultimate traction.
- Padded tongue and collar: They provide extra comfort.
- Breathable mesh insets: They make sure there is enough air circulation inside the shoe.
- Numerous color options: Allow you to get a desirable color without much fuss.
#8. NIKE Women’s Flex Trainer 6
Whenever you start any workout session, your ambition is usually to get the most out of it. And the NIKE Women’s Flex Trainer 6 even takes things further by offering unimaginable comfort and performance. It ensures you are focused on one thing only; the result.
- Phylon outsole: It is combined with minimal rubber pods to help it offer superior traction.
- Multidirectional flex grooves: They promote flexibility specific training.
- Pylon midsole: It offers lightweight cushioning.
- Stylish design: It blends well with modern sportswear.
#7. Nike Women’s TR 4 Cross Trainer (Flex Supreme)
Carry out any workout session like a pro with the Nike Women’s TR 4 Cross Trainer (Flex Supreme). It is an affordable yet highly functional cross-training shoe for women. You will, therefore, find it helpful for different types of workouts.
- Free-floating midfoot strap: It not only wraps up from the midsole but also enhances lockdown support.
- Outrigger: It delivers lateral stability to help ensure multi-directional movement.
- Hexagonal flex grooves: They not only increase mobility but also promote natural motion.
- Rubber sole: It is durable; hence, will last longer.
#6. Reebok Women’s Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe
If you are really into a cross-training shoe, then the Reebok Women’s Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe should be a frontier for you. It is designed with women in mind; therefore, expect it to provide everything you have been looking for in a sports shoe.
- Anatomical shape: It cradles feet for optimum support while allowing them to move and flex for outstanding balance.
- Underfoot cushion: It is designed for the impact control, which is needed during hard workouts.
- IMEVA midsole: It helps enhance performance and functionality.
#5. Skechers Sports D-Lites Sneaker
Leather makes some great cross-training shoes and this pair from Skechers is one of the most durable that you can get out there. It also looks great and also has some amazing features such as memory foam cushioning and sturdy lace-up design. The lace-up design that will make it easy to get a custom and all day comfortable fit. Ladies will also have a few color options to pick from so that they can get something that suits their tastes.
- Trubuck leather: Makes the shoes highly durable and very sturdy.
- Lace-up: You can easily get a comfortable and custom fit.
- Memory foam cushioning: Memory foam conforms to the shape of your feet and provide adequate support and comfort.
- Rubber sole: Provides adequate support and excellent traction on any surface.
#4. Nike Women’s Flex Trainer
These synthetic shoes with rubber outsole feel lightweight and very comfortable on your feet and so they will be great for your training. Also, their mesh upper design makes them very breathable and they also have cables in the forefoot to enhance the fit. The traction pattern outsole makes it easy to get excellent action and grip in any surfaces and so they will be great for use in any environment.
- Mesh upper: The mesh upper provides lightweight breathability to keep your feet comfortable throughout the training.
- Traction pattern outsole: Rubber sole with traction pattern for top-notch grip in all directions.
- Padded mesh tongue: To enhance ventilation reduce the lace pressure on your feet.
#3. PUMA Women’s Cell Riaze Cross-Training Shoes
PUMA makes this pair for women that want something that not only works well for training but can also be good for just stepping out for a walk. And it also features a high-quality soft heathered construction; The soft textile gives the shoes an impressive overall appearance. they also come with a durable rubber outsole that provides excellent traction, shock absorption and support.
- Soft heathered textile: Together with the bonded synthetic heals to give the shoes an impressive appearance and make it more durable.
- Rubber sole: For excellent grip and traction on any training surface.
- Synthetic upper: For enhanced durability and to make the shoe very breathable.
#2. NIKE Metcon 2 Cross-Training Shoes
This cross-training shoe pair is designed for ladies that do intense workouts from cross-training to weight lifting and flexibility work. They have dual-density foam to support the feet and also provide great cushioning from the shock that comes from walking. The fly-wire midfoot is also a great feature as it helps to lock the user’s feet in place. And so this will be a great and versatile pair ideal for all training activities.
- Dual-density foam: The dual-density foam in the midsole will provide long-lasting support and cushioning.
- High-intensity training shoes: Designed for a variety of high-intensity training activities and not just for cross fit.
- Fly-wire midfoot: Will help to lock a trainer foot in place.
#1. Womens Nike Free TR 6 Training Shoes
The fact that these shoes are from NIKE should be enough to convince any woman that they will work great for her. They are some high-quality mesh training shoes that are highly durable and breathable to keep the wearer’s foot comfortable for extended periods. And with their sturdy rubber outsole rubber outsole you also get maximum traction and great support at all times.
- Rubber sole: Rubber outsole provides excellent traction and grip.
- Mesh upper: Highly breathable shoes that will be comfortable enough throughout the training.
- Lace-up closure: For a custom and secure fit.
- Thin comfort tongue: Combines with the lightly padded collar for ultimate comfort and feel.
What to Look for in Cross-Training Shoes for Women
Every famous sports shoe manufacturer from New Balance to Nike makes cross-training shoes for women. There are also many other startup companies that will manufacture them and so women will have more than enough options. However to pick the best pair from these many options you need to consider the fooling points.
Comfort is vital for any pair of cross-training shoes that you buy as it can affect the amount of activity that you can do in the shoes. Look for something with a breathable material, adequate arch support, and padding and also with a shock absorbing sole.
Size is what many ladies will consider first when shopping for cross-training shoes and this is rightfully so as it is one of the most important features. And the simple rule here is to go for a pair that is neither too loose nor too tight as it will make your training more comfortable.
Nowadays you can get cross-training shoes in various materials from leather to textile and synthetic. Full grain leather is always the best as it is more comfortable and breathable but it is pricey. Synthetics and textile shoes are also quite durable depending on the construction but will not last as much as leather but they are also quite affordable. For the outsole material rubber is always the best option thanks to its shock absorption capabilities and excellent traction.
Brands tell a lot about cross-training shoes and so it is always an important factor to consider. While there are many companies out there that make these shoes it is always important to go for a pair from a reputable brand.
What We Recommend
Any woman that is serious about cross training should be ready to invest in a high-quality pair of footwear. And with the many options out there ladies only need to know what to look for which should also not be a problem as they just have to consider the material, size, outsole and a few other factors. But, any woman that is looking for a stylish and comfortable pair should try the New Balance WX608V4 Women’s Training Shoe while the Skechers Sport D-Lites Sneaker is great where durability is the key concern.
There is a pair of cross training shoes out there that will suit any woman’s tastes and needs. And with our reviews above, buying guide and recommendations you should now have an idea of the brands to go for and the best models to pick. However, before settling on any pair it is always a good idea to shop around and compare different pairs before settling for what impresses you most.