Cross-training is an important activity that involves doing more than one workout. It improves health and mental well-being by making sure we stay fit always. Like men, women who participate in cross-training workouts are advised to have the right equipment. And some of these gears include a pair of cross-training shoes.
Well, these shoes are different from other shoes in that they are specially designed for cross-training. They are comfortable and durable enough to withstand the rigorous fitness needs. Ideally, cross-training shoes for women have a narrower heel, more secure footbed, roomier forefoot, and increased instep volume. Read through the following top 10 best cross-training shoes for women reviews to get the best pair without much fuss.
Table of Contents
- Check out the Best Cross-Training Shoes for Women
- 10. New Balance WX608V4 Women’s Training Shoe
- 9. PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
- 8. ASICS Women’s TR Cross-Training Shoe (GEL-190)
- 7. Ryka Women’s Hydro Sport Cross-Training Shoe
- 6. Ryka Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe
- 5. NIKE Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33
- 4. PUMA Women’s Cross-Trainer Shoe (Fierce Core)
- 3. NIKE Women’s Flex Trainer 6
- 2. Nike Women’s TR 4 Cross Trainer (Flex Supreme)
- 1. Reebok Women’s Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe
Check out the Best Cross-Training Shoes for Women
10. New Balance WX608V4 Women’s Training Shoe
New Balance is after helping women achieve their goals in athletics. And to do this effectively, they have decided to produce top quality cross-training shoes. Well, these shoes are not just durable but also they are stylish enough to effortlessly blend with any modern sportswear.
- Shock-absorbing Abzorb technology: It absorbs shock, thereby, promoting comfort.
- Rubber sole: It is durable; thus, it ensures endless performance.
- Lace-up design: Helps ensure a customized fit.
- Numerous color options: They give you the opportunity to choose a color that matches your aesthetic.
- Supportive internal shank: Helps enhance performance.
9. PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
The PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WN’S FM Cross-Trainer Shoe is a top quality shoe that is a must-have for any athlete. It boasts a revolutionary design and technical innovation to make sure it brings out the best from you.
- Synthetic sole: It is durable and helps enhance the functionality of the shoe.
- Numerous color options: Allow you to get at least one pair that matches your aesthetic.
- Synthetic leather: It is also durable and comfortable.
- Stylish design: Enables the shoe to blend perfectly with most sportswear.
8. ASICS Women’s TR Cross-Training Shoe (GEL-190)
ASICS has been around for quite some time. And this is because they produce unrivaled products that consumers find irresistible. Today, the manufacturing company is more than happy to introduce to you the GEL-190 TR model for women. It comes equipped with numerous features and boasts superior durability.
- Dual density midsole system: It enhances support and stability.
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: It absorbs shock whenever there is an impact phase, as well as ensuring a smooth transition to midstance.
- SpEVA midsole Material: It helps improve bounce back characteristics.
- Trusstic System: It reduces the weight of the sole unit.
7. Ryka Women’s Hydro Sport Cross-Training Shoe
Ryka has been innovating women athletic footwear for 25 years. Well, one of these products is the Ryka Women’s Hydro Sport Cross-Training Shoe. It is specially designed to help women achieve their water fitness goals. Therefore, be sure to use it in the pool, beach or anywhere you like.
- Sticky rubber: It helps improve traction on wet surfaces.
- Quick drying upper: It ensures convenience and reliability.
- Flexible sole: Promotes comfort throughout the training session.
- Water drainage system: Makes sure that the water, which gets into the shoe, is properly drained.
6. Ryka Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe
If comfort and performance are anything to go by, then the Ryka Women’s Influence Cross Training Shoe would be there at the top. It is designed with women in mind, meaning you should expect a perfect fit. Moreover, it comes with everything you have been looking for to help you achieve your fitness goals effortlessly.
- Flex-Foil and direct fuse layers: They offer support in lateral movement.
- Arch support: It helps provide unrivaled comfort.
- Dual foam midsole cushioning: It is on important pressure points to help add comfort.
- Ergonomically designed sole: It allows for more natural movement throughout the training session.
5. NIKE Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33
You need tough shoes to help you perform beyond imagining. Well, one of these tough shoes is the NIKE Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33. It boasts premium technology and cushioning classics to help up its performance. The NIKE Women’s Air Zoom Pegasus 33 is ideal for running and other fitness activities.
- Zoom Air Units: They not only enhance deflection impact but also cushion the foot.
- Cushion midsole: It offers a plush and cushioned ride.
- Rubber sole: It is durable and helps enhance optimum performance.
4. PUMA Women’s Cross-Trainer Shoe (Fierce Core)
Show people how fierce you can be when it comes to training by wearing the PUMA Fierce Core model. It is an amazing shoe, which is inspired by dance movements and designed to stand up to the daily rigorous training needs. Ideally, the shoe’s material mix is heavy but its weight is light for unmatched performance.
- Gripping outsole: It helps ensure ultimate traction.
- Padded tongue and collar: They provide extra comfort.
- Breathable mesh insets: They make sure there is enough air circulation inside the shoe.
- Numerous color options: Allow you to get a desirable color without much fuss.
3. NIKE Women’s Flex Trainer 6
Whenever you start any workout session, your ambition is usually to get the most out of it. And the NIKE Women’s Flex Trainer 6 even takes things further by offering unimaginable comfort and performance. It ensures you are focused on one thing only; the result.
- Phylon outsole: It is combined with minimal rubber pods to help it offer superior traction.
- Multidirectional flex grooves: They promote flexibility specific training.
- Pylon midsole: It offers lightweight cushioning.
- Stylish design: It blends well with modern sportswear.
2. Nike Women’s TR 4 Cross Trainer (Flex Supreme)
Carry out any workout session like a pro with the Nike Women’s TR 4 Cross Trainer (Flex Supreme). It is an affordable yet highly functional cross-training shoe for women. You will, therefore, find it helpful for different types of workouts.
- Free-floating midfoot strap: It not only wraps up from the midsole but also enhances lockdown support.
- Outrigger: It delivers lateral stability to help ensure multi-directional movement.
- Hexagonal flex grooves: They not only increase mobility but also promote natural motion.
- Rubber sole: It is durable; hence, will last longer.
1. Reebok Women’s Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe
If you are really into a cross-training shoe, then the Reebok Women’s Ros Workout Tr 2-0 Cross-Trainer Shoe should be a frontier for you. It is designed with women in mind; therefore, expect it to provide everything you have been looking for in a sports shoe.
- Anatomical shape: It cradles feet for optimum support while allowing them to move and flex for outstanding balance.
- Underfoot cushion: It is designed for the impact control, which is needed during hard workouts.
- IMEVA midsole: It helps enhance performance and functionality.
How to Choose the Best Cross-Training Shoes for Women
- Comfort: You are buying a pair of cross-training shoes to help you with your workouts. As such, you must make sure that your shoes are comfortable. Try to look for such things as the arch support and even padding since they promote comfort.
- Size: A shoe that runs too small or too large is not good enough to use during a workout session. This is because it is likely to cause all sorts of inconveniences. For this reason, make sure the shoe you are about to buy fits perfectly.
- Brand: The brand tells a lot about a shoe; hence, it is important to buy your shoes from reputable brands. They not only produce top quality products but also stand behind them by offering friendly customer support and no questions asked money back guarantee.
What We Recommend
It is no doubt all of the cross-training shoes listed above are high performing, but the PUMA Women’s Cross-Trainer Shoe (Fierce Core) is arguably the best of them all. According to many customers, the shoe is extremely comfortable and fits as expected. It is also stylish; hence, will perfectly blend with most modern sportswear. In addition, these shoes come in a wide array of colors to make sure there is something for everyone. Plus they are all within an affordable range, not to mention being a product of one of the best manufacturers in the world.
There is a lot to consider before you decide to buy a pair of cross-training shoes for women. Some of these include comfort, size, and durability. A comfortable shoe will let your mind focus on what you are doing and not your comfort. For this reason, you will be able to get the best from your workout routine. The above editorial talks about the best quality cross-training shoes. Therefore, make sure you read it in order to find a desirable pair.