Top Best Electronic Earmuffs in Reviews
Noise can be quite a nuisance, right? After all, it’s one of the major causes of hearing loss. Let’s face it, the electronics of modern-day earmuffs is one of the best inventions for protecting one of your most valuable asset, your hearing. These devices are jammed packed with sound blocking technology to cut hazardous noise to a safe, comfortable sound. Like any other product out there, there’s the good, better, and best choices when it comes to electronic earmuffs. Well, the latter sounds good, right? So without any further introduction, I present to you the top 10 best electronic earmuffs you can get right now.
Check out The Best Electronic Earmuffs
#10. Mpow Noise Reduction Safety Ear Muffs
With NRR of 28dB, these earmuffs are sure to silent your world. A lightweight and compact design makes them portable enough for travel. The headband provides a comfortable adult fit that can be adjusted for all head sizes. Lab-tested and certified, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t wear them with confidence.
- Certified by European and American NRR safety standards
- Good on just about any activity – from domestic to construction works
- Lightweight and folds for easy storage
- Doesn’t need batteries
- Fits a little tight for those with big heads
#9. Howard Leight Pro Sound Amplification Electronic Earmuff
This earmuff provides superior and safe hearing protection to handgun shooters. It has built-in directional microphone that come in handy to amplify things like range commands and ambient sounds. The microphones amplify sound to 82dB, which is a safe level for enhanced natural communication. This earmuff has NRR of 22dB. It’s adjustable to provide a comfortable fit and has rubberized pressure points to prevent scratches. There’s a 3.5mm jack connection that plugs into MP3 players to keep you entertained.
- 22dB noise reduction rating
- Doesn’t have to be taken off during conversation
- Extended battery life of 350 hours
- Supports audio input connectivity
- Good for military personnel not just sport shooters
- Good for both indoor and outdoor use
- Shuts off automatically
- Quite large compared to some earmuff models
- Some report delay in noise canceling mechanism
#8. Walker’s Razor Slim Electronic Hearing Protection Muffs
This ultra-slim muff provides the lowest possible profile without sacrificing amplification properties and hearing protection. You get activated sound protection at levels over 89dB. The activation mechanism has a fast reaction time of 0.02 seconds. Razor muffs have NRR of 23dB. Two omnidirectional and high- definition speakers deliver crisp clear sound. The headband is padded for comfort and you get a 3.5mm jack that plugs into MP3 players and iPods. Razor Slim muff folds to a compact size for easy portability.
- Supports conversation
- Longer battery life
- Muffles all gunshots
- Fast-reaction noise canceling mechanism
- Ultra-light and very portable
- Sound is of medium quality
- Doesn’t have automatic shutoff feature
#7. 3M Peltor Optime 105 Over the Head Earmuff
This electronic earmuff provides hearing comfort in the most demanding noise environments. As the name suggests, this earmuff provides protection from noise levels as high as 105dB. It has NRR of 30dB. Double-shell ear cups boost noise reduction properties in both low and high frequencies. The headband is lightweight and tilts to distribute weight for a comfortable low-pressure fit.
- “Double-shell” ear cups maximizes noise blocking capacity
- Reliable in most demanding noise environments
- Super extra-comfort fit and total hearing protection
- Doesn’t require batteries
- Excellent in filtering out loud noise but doesn’t block people’s voices totally
- Some report that this earmuff fits well but only on large heads
#6. Howard Leight L0F Folding Ultraslim Shooting Earmuff
LOF earmuff is ultralight and ultra-slim to make your shooting more convenient. It weighs a mere 40 ounces and folds to a compact four inches. Super-soft ear pad eliminates the the “squeezing” sensation to minimize pressure on head. The ear cups are integrated with Airflow Control technology to reduce ambient sound across all frequencies. A telescopic headband adjustment provides a comfortable custom fit. You get NRR of 23dB adjustable to 3 different levels that suit a wide range of shooting environments.
- 23dB noise reduction rating
- Adjustable volume
- Reduces ambient sound across all frequencies
- Low-pressure fit
- Ultra-light and ultra-slim for easy portability
- Doesn’t seal properly on some ears
#5. Snug Kids Earmuffs / Best Hearing Protectors
Kids that suffer from autism spectrum disorder will do well with this electronic earmuff. It has a stylish, low profile clam specially designed for little ears. It sits strong and sturdy while providing lightweight comfort. The padded ear cushions fit snug and offer superior comfort. The headband is adjustable to fit kids as young as 6 months old.
- Low-profile clam design
- Very adjustable and can even fit infants
- Solid and lightweight
- A bit expensive
#4. Mpow 068 Kids Safety Ear Muffs
Mpow 068 ear muffs give your kid a lightweight and comfortable sound protection. It’s durable, soft, and fits snug. Solid ABS cups offer a perfect seal around the ears to lock out ambient sound. The earmuff has NRR of 25dB. An adjustable headband provides a custom fit for kids who are 3 to 12 years old.
- NRR of 25dB is very safe for children
- Fully covers the ears for perfect seal
- Certified to American and European NRR standards
- Good even for kids with sensitive skin
- Doesn’t require batteries
- Not recommended for infants
- Can fit a little tight on some kids heads while new
#3. Pro For Sho 34dB Shooting Ear Protection
Lighter with superior hearing protection, this earmuff makes your world go silent. It has NRR of 34dB, which offers one of the highest hearing protection ratio. Soft padding provides a comfortable, irritation-free long term wear. This earmuff is available in small and large size to fit young children and adults.
- Highest hearing protection of 34dB NRR
- Tested and certified
- Solid, compact, and can be folded
- Durable industrial-grade foams
- A bit smaller for extra-large heads
#2. 3M Peltor X-Series Over-the-Head Earmuffs
The X-series earmuffs offer one of the highest attenuation ideal in the most demanding noise environments. It provides a universal fit and has NRR of 31dB. The headband is split to provide good ventilation, comfortable fit, and balance. It’s electrically insulated to keep you safe from electrical hazards. The earcups can be tilted for a customized fit and enhanced comfort.
- Compliant with health and safety standards
- Versatile for all-round use
- Well ventilated water-resistant headband
- Provides good fit and balance
- Ear cups tend to be big for people with smaller heads
- A bit heavier
#1. Peltor Sport Tactical 100 Electronic Hearing Protector
This shooting earmuff amplifies low-level sound and suppresses harmful gunshot noise. It has adaptive frequency response that comes in handy to keep background noise to a minimum. A variable suppression time system offers maximized echo reduction. The headband is padded for comfort, fit, and durability. It’s adjustable to sit snug on most head sizes. Low-profile ear cups make it a great choice for use with shotguns and rifles. This earmuff has NRR of 22dB.
- Filters noise down to 22dB
- Headband fits snug on most head sizes
- Low-profile design that can be used with shotguns and rifles
- Keeps background noise to a minimum
- Maximized echo reduction
- Sunken microphone designed for durability
- Automatic shutoff
- Batteries and jack inputs are sold separately
Buying Guide to Selecting Best Electronic Earmuffs
Need electronic earmuffs but afraid of making the wrong purchase? Well, don’t worry yourself too much. Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to get that winning deal.
Know the Types
Knowing the type and purpose of earmuffs is very important. After all, electronic earmuffs come in different categories that are based on utility. For instance, you can’t expect to get the benefit of an amplifier from a thermal earmuff.
Noise reduction rating is a very important consideration. The general rule of the thumb requires NRR of 20 for small caliber arms, NRR of 25 for long guns and normal handguns, and NRR of 28-33dB for magnum arms and indoor shooting.
Focus on Features
Get a look at the features and specs of the product. In general, these are what describe the ability of a particular electronic earmuff. For instance, do you need sound concealment or you just need noise suppression? Do you need some communication advantage? Will the earmuff fit your head? Well, these are some of those questions that will help you get the right features you need.
Worried about dead batteries? Well, consider electronic earmuffs with extended battery life. Most electronic earmuffs out there give you a battery life of around 500 hours, which is quite okay for the purpose.
Price does matter too. In fact, you need to have a good idea of the price range. I mean, this is one thing that will help you fix your budget, right? In some cases, price will also dictate the quality of a particular earmuff.
The best electronic earmuffs will help you save thousands of dollars spend on damaged ears. These devices cost just a few dollars but provide ultimate comfort and safety in noisy environments. So try to put them into consideration the next time you do target shooting or any activity that involves a lot of noise.