Files are one of those things that you will need to deal with in the office, and although your cabinets will do a good job in storing and keeping them out of sight, you still need to organize and keep them neat. For this, hanging file folders will always come in handy.
Besides helping keep the files well-arranged and the office tidy, file folder holders will also help to optimize office space and ensure that staffers can easily trace files for greater worksite efficiency. However, as handy as the file folder holder frames might be, you still need to choose the best ones from the many options out there.
But, this is where this piece comes in as we review 10 top-rated hanging file folder frames to make it easy for you to pick something that will work well in your office.
Check out the Best Hanging File Folder Frames in Reviews
1. AmazonBasics 25-Pack Hanging File Folders
An excellent AmazonBasics product designed to make desk drawer filling a lot easy. The 25-pack hanging folders are also a more affordable but still very useful alternative to the expensive ones out there. And they feature coated rod tips that are designed to glide smoothly both back and forth to allow for easy and convenient access to the files. Also, these file holders will include some clear plastic tabs and some replaceable white inserts meant to make labeling a lot easier, and you can place tabs anywhere along the file’s top to enhance visibility.
- Great for desk drawer filing
- Smooth gliding for easy access
- Relatively more affordable
- High-quality recycled materials
- Designed to make labeling easy
- Hanger metal hook is a little too shallow
2. AmazonBasics 25-Pack Assorted Colors Hanging File Holders
With the assorted colors on these 25-pack hanging file folders are not only meant to enhance the visual appeal but are also functional because they will make file identification easier. Also, the files holders will come with some coated rod tips that will ensure smooth gliding when both opening and closing. And labeling is also well taken care of by the clear plastic tabs and white inserts as they make it more effortless. Also, the size and design of these file holders mean that they will be perfect for use in metal boxes, desk drawer or office cabinets.
- Lots of file holders for great value for your cash
- Clear plastic tabs with white inserts for easy labeling
- Variety of colors for even easier file identification
- Smoothly gliding rod tips
- Works well for both desk drawers and cabinets
- Plastic table does not seem very durable
- Weak perforations on the paper labels
3. Smead Steel Letter Size Hanging File Folder Frame
For those that prefer something made to last for years, these steel hanging file holders by Smead will be an excellent buy. They are made with a heavy-gauge and genuine steel material that makes them highly durable, and you can be sure they will be in your drawer or cabinet serving you well many years to come. Their versatile and adjustable design will allow them to fit a wide range of drawer lengths, and because they have a smooth rail edge, the files will glide smoothly for user convenience. And assembling the frames should also be a quick and almost effortless task.
- Durable and heavy-gauge steel construction
- Versatile design will work with most drawer lengths
- Smooth edge rail finishing for easy gliding
- Ideal for both drawers and cabinets
- Quick and simple assembly
- Rods are dirty and with a terrible smell when new
4. Officemate 2-Pack Hanging File Frame
You will hardly get a better value than what Officemate gives you with these two heavy-gauge steel handing file frames. Besides being made from a tough material they are also coated to ensure that they will not rust even if they accidentally come into contact with water. The frames are adjustable to fit most standard drawer and cabinets and the adjustability also means that they will be great for use both at home and in the office. Assembling them is fast and simple as the manufacturer provides some detailed and easy to follow directions.
- Adjustable frame size
- Ideal for both home and office use
- Heavy-duty and coated steel construction
- Simple and fast assembly
- Large capacity design to accommodate lots of files
- Great value for a pack of two steel frames
- Can be a little higher for some cabinets and drawers
- Seems slightly bent/crooked
5. Sparko Stainless Steel Hanging File Folder Frames
Stainless steel always makes some high-quality products, and so you can be confident that these folder frames will last long enough. The frames are also quick and easy to assemble, and it should only take you a few minutes to do it. Also, the frames have a notched design to make them easy to snap off when you want to adjust the length. But, what many users will love about these frames is that they are designed to be highly sturdy, and they will never sag when they are weighted by the file folders.
- Quick and easy assembly
- Easily adjustable frame length
- Notched design for user convenience
- Durable and rustproof stainless steel construction
- Will not sag when weighted by folders
- Powerful tools required to cut it to size
- Screw groove is not tight enough
6. Officemate Steel Hanging File Frames
The heavy-gauge coated steel construction means that these Officemates frames are almost indestructible when using them for normal filing tasks. But, besides their toughness, the frames are also meant for user convenience as they have notches to make them easy to break so that you can adjust the length to fit your cabinet or drawer perfectly. Assembling the frame is also super easy as the manufacturer will provide some detailed instruction and all the hardware that you need. And they will not sag even under the weight of heavy files.
- Durable and coated steel construction
- Break off notches included for easy length adjustment
- Easy assembly
- Designed to fit the drawer/cabinet perfectly
- Does not easily sag even when holding heavy files
- Included bolts do not fit the holes properly
7. Smead Adjustable Hanging File Holder Frame
The fact that this is a product by a top brand like Smead should be enough to convince most people to try it out as the company almost never disappoint when it comes to file holder frames. They make this one with a heavy-gauge steel material that is highly durable and with notches to make it easy to adjust the length to fit your drawer or cabinet. Also, the frame has a smooth edge rail finish for easy gliding and besides the letter size files, it also accommodates A4 and legal ones. Putting it together should also not be a tedious task as the manufacturer provides everything you need including some clear instructions.
- High-quality and durable steel construction
- Works for both drawers and cabinets
- Versatile and adjustable design
- Smooth edge rail finish for easy gliding
- Accommodates three different file sizes
- Easy to put together
- Not very ideal for holding heavy files
8. Officemate 18-Inch Plastic Hanging File Folder Frame
Plastic might not be the first thing that comes in mind when you think of a file folder frame, but this 18-inch one by Officemate proves that plastic one can still work well. And it is not entirely plastic because the frame is made from solid steel. The frame is also designed with notches to allow you to break off some sections so that it fits your drawer or cabinet. This folder frame is designed for use on a desktop and also for filing in a cabinet or even portable boxed, and you can adapt it to fit either legal or letter files.
- Breakable notches for easy adjustment
- Usable in desktop, boxes, and cabinets
- Super easy assembly
- Adaptable for legal and letter use
- Plastic is not as durable as steel
- Fit is not tight enough
9. Pendaflex Speedframe Folder Hanging Frame
The design of this Pendaflex frame is quite impressive as it does not use any nuts or bolts, and this means that you can set it up in just seconds by snapping together the different sections. And it is also made to last as it features a durable and rustproof steel frame. The design of the frame also allows it to be easily adjustable from 24 to 27 inches, and it will accommodate both legal and letter size file. This frame can also be used on any conventional cabinet and most drawers provided it can fit.
- Works for all conventional cabinets
- Easy assembly with no bolts or nuts required
- Easily adjustable design
- Accommodates both legal and letter size files
- Durable and rustproof steel frame
- A little pricier for a single frame
10. Smead Steel Legal Size Hanging File Folder Frame
If you mostly use the legal size files, here is a Smead hanging folder frame that will be perfect for you. The frame also features a heavy gauge steel construction to make it highly long-lasting, and it is designed with some scored rails to make it easy to adjust the length. This frame can be used for a variety of drawer lengths, and it includes some smooth edge rails to make it easy for files to glide. Assembly is also made super easy by the fact that the frame does not include many parts and will come with everything you need and some clear instructions.
- Durable heavy gauge steel material
- Easily adjustable length
- Fast and relatively simpler assembly
- Smooth edge rails for easy gliding
- Versatile to accommodate various drawer lengths
- They twist and bend a little too easily
- Not adjustable to fit letter size files
With a good hanging file folder frame, organizing all your files and accessing them should be easy. And the good news is that these are highly affordable office equipment. All you need to do is pick the ideal ones for your situation, and our top 10 reviews above should make this easy by offering some amazing recommendations.