Scotch Brand United States is a reputable company that produces the best Scotch Pro Thermal Laminator. They also produce high-grade, premium laminating pouches that will not wrinkle or have bubbles over time. The company has been around for decades and is really doing great when it comes to producing high-quality thermal laminator machines. Most, if not all of their thermal laminators are equipped with Never Jam technology to help prevent misfeeds and ensure exceptional results. Scotch Pro Thermal Laminators also heat up quickly and work really fast to help increase your productivity. We have collected the best ones in the following reviews to help you settle for what will really fulfill your needs.
Checkout the Best Scotch Pro Thermal Laminator in Reviews
1. AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator
Because of its small footprint, the AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator is great for use at home, in the office, in the classroom, and more. It can laminate documents up to 9 inches in width. As such, it is compatible with legal-size, business-card-size, letter-size, and photo-size papers. It has two heat settings to provide you with the best results ever. They include ‘3mil’ heat setting for normal documents, card stocks, and photos and ‘5mil’ heating setting for thinner papers. ‘Mil’ in this concept refers to the thickness of lamination film. Moreover, this thermal laminator works with any 3mil or 5mil laminating pouch, and it includes two 3-mil-thick 8.9” x 11.4” laminating pouches. It also features quick 4-minute warm-up function with ready indicator light.
- The price is cheaper than most models
- Has a clean and sleek appearance
- Does not take up much space
- The jam handle is very useful
- Not suitable for thicker items; it will jam a lot
2. Scotch Thermal Laminator 2 Roller System (TL901)
Scotch Brand offers laminating solutions that are fast and easy to use. With that being said, this thermal laminator model #TL901 is great for use in the classroom, in the office, and at home. It effortlessly laminates items up to 9 inches in width. Moreover, it produces top quality lamination to make sure you are 100-percent satisfied. And it is built with versatility in mind; thus, it is great for laminating recipe cards, arts & crafts, frequently-handled documents, and photos, among others. The laminator has settings for both 3 mil and 5 mil pouches to ensure you have no problem using it. It also features a 2-roller system to give you the much-needed professional finish.
- It does not jam
- The machine laminates items perfectly
- Heats up quickly enough
- The feeder tray comes off for easier storage
- Easy to assemble and use
- Perfect for home and craft use
- Durability leaves a lot to be desired
3. Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches, 8.9 x 11.4-Inches, 3 mil thick (TP3854-100)
Scotch produces these thermal laminating pouches to help protect documents you handle frequently. They are designed for use with thermal laminators and are clear to allow information to show through. They should be a frontier for you if you are looking for thermal laminator pouches for your child’s artwork, certificates, document organization, labeling, and reference materials. They are 3-mil thick; hence, they offer basic document protection for everyday laminating uses. The thermal laminator pouches measure 8.9” by 11.4”, meaning they work with several documents. In addition, they come in several sizes including 100-pack, 200-pack, and 400-pack, so you can easily find what will best work for you.
- Pouches are very easy to use
- Several items laminate well in the pouches
- The quality is so much better than expected
- The price is good for the quality
- Pouches work perfectly with Scotch Thermal Laminators
- A bit sticky; hence, take a little longer to pull apart when you want to put a paper inside them
4. Swingline Thermal Laminator (1701857ECR)
It is important to have a thermal laminator at home or in the office. And one unit we believe will not disappoint you is the Swingline Thermal Laminator (170185ECR). It is compact; therefore, will not take up much room. It is also stylish, making it a great addition to any room. It is designed to help you laminate photos, handout or anything you use frequently or feel needs to be tear- and spill-proof. It takes just 4 minutes to warm up, so you can use it quickly and easily. The warm-up function has a convenient indicator light that will let you know when the laminator is ready for use. Ideally, the laminator comes with a 90-day warranty and five letter size, standard thickness thermal lamination pouches.
- Heats up very quickly
- Works well with every brand of laminating sheet
- Great for someone on a budget
- Very easy to use
- Becomes hot when used for a long time
5. Scotch PRO Thermal Laminator (TL906)
Instruction sheets, name tags, and signs can wear out very easily when handled by many people. That’s why you should consider the Scotch PRO Thermal Laminator (TL906). It laminates 15” in a minute, which is incredibly fast. Furthermore, it has a portable design, meaning you will be able to use it anywhere at any time. It also includes such essential features as cord storage, easy-to-use LED touch controls, and an automatic shutoff function, which helps conserve energy. It works with 3 – 5mil thick thermal pouches and laminates documents up to 9 inches wide. Also, the thermal laminator boasts Never Jam Technology that automatically prevents misfeeds. When assembled, it measures 4 inches long by 15.80 inches wide by 4 inches high.
- The price is amazing for the quality
- Never Jam Technology is a nice touch
- Portable and sturdy for long-lasting use
- Very easy to use and works quickly enough
- May arrive with a few defects, but Scotch is always ready to assist
6. Scotch Thermal Laminator Combo Pack (TL902VP)
Like other thermal laminators from Scotch, the TL902VP is super easy to use and laminates items up to 9 inches in width. It comes equipped with a 2-roller system, which has two temperature settings for both 3mil and 5mil. Furthermore, the thermal laminator has a 4-minute warm-up, which enables it to warm up fast enough, thereby, avoiding the long wait. It also laminates quickly enough; thanks to its ability to feed 11.5” per minute. Its pouch release mechanism comes in handy in case of a misfeed. Plus the laminator has a carry handle that makes it very portable. Other features include a cord storage wrap and fold-in tray – both of which improve convenience.
- Holds up well to heavy use
- Comes with 20 letter-size laminating sheets
- Simple and easy to use
- Handles 3mil and 5mil sheets
- The cord storage wrap provides a convenient place to wrap in extra cord length
- Could last long enough
7. Scotch Thermal Laminator Combo Pack (TL901C-20)
One convenient way to protect the documents you handle frequently is to have them laminated. And this is where the Scotch Thermal Laminator Combo Pack (TL901C-20) comes into play. It laminates items up to 9” wide. What’s more, it comes with 20 top quality thermal laminating pouches, which can hold sheets up to 8.5 x 11 inches. The laminator is designed with high-functioning features that enable it to laminate pouches up to 5-mil thick. It comes equipped with a 2-roller system with two temperature settings. Well, it is a product of one of the best-performing companies in manufacturing thermal laminators. With that said, expect it to be a hit and definitely a lifesaver when it comes to improving the durability of your documents, cards, and other items.
- Nice for the price
- Heats up quickly and it is easy to use
- The laminator has two heat settings
- The cord stores neatly underneath
- Very easy to set up
- May come with a few issues
8. Scotch Advanced Thermal Laminator (TL1302VP)
The TL1302VP is another wonderful thermal laminator that is doing really great in the market. It gets ready to laminate in less than one minute, thereby, allowing you to get the job done as fast as possible. Moreover, this thermal laminator has two heated rollers, which create top quality professional, bubble, and wrinkle-free results. The thermal laminator also features a built-in carry handle that stays cool and offers optimum portability. Another amazing feature of the laminator is the auto shut-off function that helps conserve energy. Plus there are touch button controls that make the laminator super easy to operate. Ideally, the extra-wide 13” input makes this laminator great for both small and big projects.
- The shut-off feature is very helpful
- Heats up in seconds
- Operates quietly to avoid distractions
- Makes a great gift for a teacher or anyone who laminates a lot
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Durability is suspect
9. Blusmart 4 in 1 OL288 Laminator Machine
Machines like the Blusmart 4-in-1 OL288 Laminator makes life much easier than ever before. To begin with, it is a 4-in-1 unit that you can use as a corner rounder, laminator, and rotary trimmer. Besides, the laminator machine boasts Hot and Cold Modes that meet different lamination needs. The laminator is very easy to use since all you need to do is to plug it in and then wait for it to heat up (takes 3 – 5 minutes). Once it has heated up, be ready to enjoy incredible laminating speeds of 250mm per minute. The machine laminates in 2 x 80mic (160mic) to 2 x 125mic (250mic) sheets with 230-millimeter throat entry.
- Very easy to use and laminates easily
- Nice for home and office use
- Comes with sample lamination pouches
- Light in weight and heats up quickly
- The built-in cutting tool could be better
10. Pluqis 9” x 11.5” Thermal Laminating Pouches
These thermal laminating pouches from Pluqis are made from premium materials and can be used with any thermal laminator. They are clear, smooth and have strong bonding. These thermal laminator pouches also seal around important documents without forming any bubbles. Because of their quality, the pouches are great for all kinds of projects; hence, can be used in the classroom and home office. Their anti-static finish makes them easy to handle. Plus they are smudge-free and super easy to clean not to mention being moisture-resistant and waterproof. Each pouch measures 9” x 11.5”, so it can easily fit a letter-size document. The pack is available in several sizes, including 3-Mil 100-pack, 3-Mil 200-pack, and 5-Mil 200-pack.
- The price is very attractive
- The quality of the pouches is excellent
- The pouches make a great gift for teachers
- They remain clear after the laminating process
- Thinner than expected, but this affects neither the quality nor the performance of the sheets
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Scotch Pro Thermal Laminator
The second part of this piece brings you the following factors.
Some thermal laminators work with 3-mil laminating pouches while others work with 5-mil sheets. Also, there are some that work with both. Well, in our opinion, you should consider a thermal laminator that works with both i.e. a unit with two heat settings.
Time Taken to Heat up
The best thermal laminator is one that takes the shortest time possible to heat. By so doing, it helps to improve productivity. With that said, make sure the unit you choose has a warm-up time not exceeding 5 minutes.
A thermal laminator that can laminate a document up to 9 inches wide is worth considering. This is because most documents do not exceed that size, making the thermal laminator super versatile.
You are buying a thermal laminator because you want to increase creativity and convenience. So, to make sure these reasons are justified, be keen to choose a thermal laminator with an excellent lamination speed. In other words, you should settle for a machine that can laminate at least 11” in a minute.
Having a thermal laminator in your office or at home is a great idea. This is because they help eliminate the need to spend money at a nearby store in the name of having your documents laminated. They also eliminate the hassle of having to deal with those big and somewhat difficult-to-use laminators that require thorough training on how to use them.