Every dog owner will tell you that you need the best shock collar for large dogs if you want to correct such inappropriate behaviors as excessive barking, aggression, shoe biting, and more. The best quality shock collar for large dogs normally has 3 modes (vibration, beep, and shock) to help give your best friend the best training ever. They work great at making sure that a dog’s behavior is appropriate and admirable. Ideally, they come with remote controllers to help make them easy to operate. They are also rechargeable, with their batteries lasting for a long time for ultimate reliability. Here are the ones we are giving the nod.
Check out the Best Shock Collar for Large Dogs in Reviews
1. Petrainer Rainproof Dog Shock Collar (PET998DRB1)
If you are unsure whether your dog has good behaviors, this shock collar for large dogs is the go-to product. It is immensely popular to the extent that it is used by expert trainers as well as first-time pet owners. It is ideal for correcting barking, sitting, walking, aggression, leash training, and other behavioral obedience. The shock collar comes with a collar strap that fits neck sizes of 15 – 22 inches. In other words, the collar strap is suitable for dogs of all sizes. It is a remote training collar that is equipped with RF434Mhz technology, so it can offer a range of up to 1000 feet. And with such a super long range, expect the shock collar to make it easier training your dog at the park or backyard.
- Comes with a hassle-free warranty
- Makes a great gift for anyone with a dog
- Works great at training dogs
- The description says it is for dogs of all sizes, but that’s not the case
2. Petrainer 100% Waterproof Dog Shock Collar
It is almost impossible to have issues with this shock collar for large dogs. However, should that happen, then there is a 1-year warranty. The warranty can be extended to 3 years by simply registering the product after purchase. The shock collar is equipped with 3 training modes to provide your dog with real training. Like the first product on the list, this 100-percent waterproof shock collar has RF434Mhz technology range up to 330 yards to let you train your dog effortlessly in a park or backyard. Moreover, it can be adjusted from 0 to 25 inches to perfectly fit dogs with differently-sized necks. The shock collar is 100-percent waterproof to ensure that even the rain or pool does not stop you from passing good behaviors to your dog.
- The vibration and beep settings are super effective
- The charge lasts for an amazingly long time
- The customer service helps in case of an issue with the product
- The build quality appears cheap
3. PetTech Premium Dog Training Shock Collar (PT0Z1)
This top quality shock collar is designed to help correct barking, aggression, sitting, walking, and even provide leash training. The shock collar comes with a large LCD remote that has adjustable shock and 4 modes. The modes include Tone (Beep) Mode to give your dog audible warning as well as 1 to 100 Level of Customization for both vibration and Static stimulation. The LCD of the remote has a blue backlit design, so you can use it during the day and at night. The shock collar is powered by a lithium battery that has a long-lasting life for ultimate reliability. The auto-power protect mode helps conserve the battery life, making sure that it lasts much longer.
- Works great at correcting aggression
- The customer service is excellent
- Easy to set up and use
- The battery life is amazing
- The remote is very light and easy to carry
- The handheld controller could be better
4. Petronics Rechargeable Shock Training Collar with Remote
Petronics has designed this shock collar for large dogs to help you get rid of the bad behaviors of your dog. The shock training collar is super versatile and will, therefore, correct any bad behavior such as excessive barking, running away suddenly, biting shoe, and many more. Its versatility has also seen it work on dogs of all sizes. It has an adjustable nylon strap that can be adjusted from 14 to 23 inches long. The fact that the strap is made of nylon means it is durable enough to last longer than expected. Additionally, this shock training collar comes with a highly functional remote with 4 modes (static shock, beep, light, and vibration) and a range of up to 330 yards.
- Appears to be of great quality
- Greatly priced and works great
- The instructions it comes with are useful
- The beep mode gets the attention of dogs
- The shock setting is not effective enough
5. Petrainer Dog Shock Collar with Remote (PET998DRB2)
Petrainer is all out to help you pass good behaviors to your dog. That’s why we are happy to review their products. The Petrainer PET998DRB2 is one of these products, and like the others, it is equipped with a number of amazing features. Its collar strap is adjustable and fits dogs with necks ranging from 15 to 22 inches. In addition, it comes with a remote control as well as boasting RF434Mhz technology to enable it to be effective up to 330 yards. It also has a rechargeable battery, so you can use it with peace of mind without worrying about the hassle of having to replace the batteries should they run out of power.
- Well made and easy to charge
- Easy to operate, and it’s priced right
- The remote controller clips nicely to the pocket for easy accessibility
- The battery life is good
- Not the best for disciplining several dogs at once
6. Ipets PET619S Dog Shock Collar Remote
Customers trust this shock collar for large dogs. That’s why it is always on demand. It comes with a 1-year warranty that can be extended to 3 years by simply registering the product after buying it. Furthermore, it is packed with several great features, so it can work as expected. Its design is a bit different from most models in the sense that it has separate vibration, shock, and sound buttons to allow you to correct your dog much faster. In other words, its design is much more convenient than designs, which are based on modes. The remote control of this dog shock collar has a range of up to 220 yards, and it is equipped with RF434Mhz technology to make it much easier to train your dog in the backyard or park.
- It is safe, gentle, and effective
- Large enough to fit any dog
- The remote control and the collar are easy to charge
- The description is quite misleading; it says 900 feet yet the real range is 100 feet
7. SportDOG Brand 425 Family Remote Trainers
Most customers like to use SportDOG Brand because they make their products in the field where there is dust, mud, cold, rain, snow, heat, and wind. This means the products are always sturdy enough to stand up to any abuse or frequent use. Well, their waterproof and rechargeable dog training collars are no exception. They are strong and even equipped with the necessary features and technologies for unrivaled performance. For instance, this package has the DryTek technology that makes both its remote transmitter and collar receiver waterproof. With that said, both of them can be submerged up to 25 feet into the water. Besides, the collar receiver works for dogs that are 8 pounds and with neck sizes of 5” to 22”.
- Works consistently and comes with a highly portable transmitter
- Simple to operate and has a long battery life
- The customer service is outstanding
- Could be more durable
8. Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar
With 1000+ reviews, the Educator E-Collar Remote Dog Training Collar is no doubt a reliable tool for educating large dogs. It comes with lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries as well as a dual charger, so you can use it a few moments after taking it out of the box. The batteries require 2 hours to fully charge, which is fairly great. It also comes with a remote transmitter to make it super easy to operate. Its design is innovative and ergonomic, so your dog can have no issues wearing it on the neck. Furthermore, the shock collar weighs just 2.4 ounces; hence, it will not weigh your dog down. It is recommended for dogs that are 5 pounds and larger.
- Perfect for stubborn dogs
- The simplicity of buttons is a nice touch
- It has many stimulation options and levels
- The vibration mode is strong enough
- The battery needs to be charged almost on a daily basis
9. PESTON Dog Training Collar – Rechargeable and Waterproof
What makes this shock collar for large dogs get a place in these competitive reviews is the 2000ft. remote range. When there is no barrier, the remote can be effective up to 2000 feet. This means you will not have any difficulty training your dog in the park or your backyard. Also, the dog training collar has three adjustable training modes, including the Beep Mode, Static Stimulation, and Vibration Mode. Its stimulation level ranges from 1 – 100 to help you correct inappropriate behaviors of even the most stubborn dogs. The shock collar has a water-resistant rating of IP67, meaning it works well even when it is immersed in water. It is safe to buy, and this is because the manufacturer offers after-sale services like a 1-year replacement/refund warranty.
- The units stay synced even when turned off and charged
- The intensity of the vibration mode can be adjusted to your liking
- Comes with a charging cord and in a nice package
- The shock function could be better
10. PetSpy P620 Dog Training Shock Collar
According to PetSpy, if this unit cannot change the behavior of your dog within days, you are free to send it back for 100-percent hassle-free return. This means your money will not go to waste. The shock collar for large dogs has 3 training modes, which are Electric Shock, Beep trainer, and Vibration function. Ideally, the modes have 16 adjustable levels to suit dogs with different sensitivity and weight. This unit also boasts blind operation design to make dog training easy and effective through the aid of Touch Distinguishing Buttons. Its remote collar range is up to 650 yards, which is long enough to allow you to train your dog conveniently.
- Very simple to set up and use
- The battery of the remote lasts incredibly long on a single charge
- The beep is loud and works great
- The screen is easy to read and clearly displays the intensity levels
- The collar charge does not last as long as that of the remote
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Shock Collar for Large Dogs
The following factors will make your search for the best shock collar much easier. So, go ahead and read them as well.
Correcting the behavior of your dog has no limits. We mean you may want to correct an ill-behavior even when you are at the park. As such, go for a shock collar with a remote control that has a long range.
The Number of Modes
The more the modes, the more effective a shock collar is. Therefore, make sure that your dog’s collar shock has at least 3 modes; static shock, beep, and vibration.
The battery life of both the remote control and shock collar must be spot-on if you want to enjoy the services of your newly-acquired training tool for large dogs. Besides, the battery should not take excessively long to fully charge.
Shock collars with many different stimulation levels are the best bet. This is because sensitivity, size, and weight vary from one dog to another. Needless to say, pet owners need to constantly adjust stimulation levels to have their message taken home by their furry friends.
A shock collar is a gentle, effective and easy-to-use tool designed for training dogs. They have more than enough features to help you correct the undesired behaviors of your dog. However, getting one that works great can be quite daunting. That’s why we provide you with the above reviews and buyer’s guide.